Applications have now closed for the East London Digital Media Training. Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be kept up to date with future opportunities.
Gain practical experience in digital media working within a production company. The final week of the training will be a 1 week work experience with one of our industry partners, such as Warner Bros, Endemol Shine Group, Viacom, Fremantle Media, Sunset & Vine, Betty and Hat Trick Productions.
Who’s it for: 18 – 30 year olds living in the boroughs of Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Newham ONLY. Applicants must not be in full time employment or education.
What skills you will learn: : Creating content for What’s Up TV digital media platforms, which includes learning camera operating, lighting, sound recording, and to digitally edit/publish and distribute content. What’s Up TV is a SKY 1 show. http://www.whatsuptv.co.uk/ You will also gain CV tailoring, interview techniques and career mentorship.
Training Location: Dephna House, 112-114 North Acton Road, London, NW10 6QH.
Duration: 4 Weeks, full time.
Costs: The training is free. Travel expenses between zones 1-3 will be covered for participants during the 4 weeks.
We are rolling out 5 East London Digital Media Training Programmes starting at different times of the year (see below).
1. 9th January 2017 – 3rd February: Application Deadline – Thursday the 1st of December 2016 Closed.
30th January 2017 – 24th February: Application Deadline – Monday the 16th of January 2017 10am. Closed.
20th February 2017 – 17th March: Application Deadline – Monday the 6th of February 2017 10am. Closed.
13th March 2017 – 7th April: Application Deadline – Monday the 27th of February 2017 10am. Closed.
3rd April 2017 – 28th April: Application Deadline – Monday the 20th of March 2017 10am. Closed
Please state in your application form which start date you are applying for.
How to apply:
1. Download the application form here.
2. Complete application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of your desired course (see above).
3. Please put Digital Media Completed Application Form as your email subject line.
4. Complete the online survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MYPDigitalMedia. You must complete the survey for your application to be considered.
5. Together with the completed application form, send us a copy of your CV (if you have one, it is not mandatory)